Thursday, August 27, 2009

Julie and Julia

julie

I went to this movie the other day with a great friend, I personally recommend that you do the same. Yes it is a chick flick but it has heart. That word today mean so much to me as I sit here blogging, my Nana is in Florida in the ICU dept recovering from a heart attack and surgery. Why would I mention this and the movie, well it is like the Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon. Julia Childs has always been my hero, reason, as a child I watched her regularly with my Nana. We would sit on the edge of the couch , not making a sound knowing that the master of ceremonies was talking to us and us only ( well in my head she was). I didn't go outside and play, I soaked in it all. After, I would pull up a chair and watch Nana belt out one of her  incredible meals, all the while singing!

I am lucky enough to have a great mother that would put many cooks to shame. She does the task of cooking with heart and soul. Lately , she has taken on so many titles, I wonder to myself , could I do the same?

Some of you might find this off topic, but what is really the purpose of this blog? For me it is a place to write and show you what makes me happy inside. I find it therapeutic but who knows if anyone even reads this thing. It is like having a dairy but you all know where to find it.

Today's goal; be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment