Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Full circle

IMG_4891I rarely buy things for myself, I always ponder over the purchase and might go back later to get it. Seems strange to some but to me if it’s still there then it was meant to be, if it’s gone then C’est la vie ( only French I remember from 8 years of school, sorry Mom). I was at Barnes and Noble with Duane and I came across a magnet. The words resonated with me but as usual I walked away. I met up with Duane and he took my over to the photography section and told me to get a few magazines. See the thing about my husband is that he is a avid reader and will get books that inspire his work . I chose three, one about working with low light, one for outdoor shooting and the last one was for my love, black and white. We paid and were about to leave when I told him I would be right back. I went inside and got the magnet. This was July 21st.

Later that night, we learned that we lost a great friend, Courtney. Our friendship started many years back at the V-Twin Expo, he talked about doing a article with Duane for Hot Bike. We lived in NH at the time but the 3000+ miles never stopped Duane and Courtney and they became great friends. Once we moved out here, no matter where we went with him, Courtney would introduce us to people he knew and this man knew everyone! He never looked for anything and always had a great attitude. Once , he was having a issue with his garage door and Duane went to help him. I was looking around at his massive garage and seen a cool Sun Records sticker on his tool box. I mentioned I really like it and without hesitation, he reached in the top drawer and handed me one. I felt like the luckiest girl in the world!

IMG_0404 IMG_0403 IMG_0423 IMG_0419

Courtney and I talked about photography a lot, as he was a master. I would study him at shows, watching his angles and approach while he nailed every shot. He could get the best shots and told me “ let the camera do the work for you".

Today is his birthday and I know that all those purchases that day was him nudging me to move forward but never to forget. Every day I look at the magnet I think of him and smile, reflecting on one of the many happy thoughts I have of him.…….

Thank you for making a difference in my life 

No comments:

Post a Comment