Saturday, September 24, 2011

My hometown

Duane and I have lived in five states to date; Florida, Kentucky, Arizona, New Hampshire and California. We have met amazing people and our careers have flourished along the way. Recently, I went back home to New Hampshire to see my parents, extended family and siblings. I have always considered the north east my home especially Lowell , Mass. I was born and raised here and always seem to find my way back. Big thanks to my sister in law Tracy who drove me around and patiently waited, I was able to capture my hometown in it’s glory.  I didn’t stop and visit anyone as we had a golden hour to get the task completed. I am working on a slideshow but here are some of the important places in Lowell that will forever in my heart.

IMG_6650 This was my childhood home, my uncle and aunt now live there.

IMG_6650

There is a small flower garden in the front of the house that is in memory of my grandfather. He was a GREAT man.

I didn’t even realize that the sign was there until now or I would of  stopped for a clearer photo

IMG_6552

This is where I went to grade school , St Louis School

IMG_6544 

This is St. Louis Church, now closed and used for the school’s activities. I spent almost every Sunday here and was sad to hear it shut down.  I always loved how the sunlight would filter through the stain glass during the mass. I did have the opportunity to go inside and take images.

I am a firm believer that attending St. Louis molded me into the person I am today. I do onto to others as I wish they to do onto me. More often than none, most people take more than they give. It’s sad that in today’s society we are losing focus on the common good. I am not preaching, I would just like to start witnessing a change in people. Stop the back stabbing, lies and hate and start concentrating on the good.

Try to thank someone everyday for being an important part of your life.

Today, I thank you for taking time to read my blog.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment