Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas past

90_03_36-christmas-decorations_web1 

Christmas growing up for me would start right after Thanksgiving for my Mom. She would go thru out the house organizing, cleaning the rugs, sending out the Christmas cards and setting up the Christmas decorations. I remember every room had candles in the widows, which were also decorated. Mom always had the Christmas music going, then it was time to make the massive amount of homemade cookies that we would hand out to our neighbors of West Sixth Street. It always seemed chaotic but you could see that Mom got joy out of this small gesture.

Last night , we received a box of wonderful homemade cookies from Bill’s wife, Carrie and it brought me back home. I love the feeling of “home”.

So with this, we have started the Lost Soul Christmas in our home. This year our home will have a few friends that don’t have family here and we will be splitting bread at 2 pm. I realize that we all need each other. 

I want to wish each and everyone of you a Very Merry Christmas and the Happiest New Year ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment