Sunday, December 27, 2009

Simple pleasures

IMG_0967

Christmas rocked this year. It was about getting together with friends and having a wonderful time. Last year, I was in a real funk from moving and not being “home”, a Christmas tree didn’t even grace my living room floor. Well this year, I received a lovely tree from Duane, invited some friends over and cook away. I miss that rush of prepping, cooking and the art of timing everything to come out spectacular. This year I nailed it, everything shined. The best part is the next day’s meal, turkey bake! I am sure you have had this once in your life time if not, here is my treat to you…………

Materials needed:

One throw away pan- you did enough dishes

The left over turkey, veggies, stuffing, mashed potatoes and 2 jars of gravy- I always run out of gravy the day before

Shred the cold turkey and place it on the bottom of the pan, cover it with 1 jar of turkey gravy

Next layer, left over veggies, in my house we had fresh garden veggies, but any veggies would work.

Next layer, the stuffing of course.

Then heat the mashed potatoes in the microwave so you can work with them. Add the to the casserole and top off the potatoes with some small butter pieces.

Heat in a 350 oven for 30-35 mins , go a little longer if you want the top to be browner

Have some gravy heating up to top off and enjoy.

I am really thinking of doing a cookbook, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment