Friday, January 28, 2011

Reflecting

I went to see The Fighter today with Wayne. I loved it. Not so much the fighting scene but the filming location.

I was born and raised in Lowell Massachusetts, where most of the  movie takes place. It was great to hear my son say that he remembered some of the streets and buildings. I love the part where Christian Bale is running on the what I still call the singing bridge and the old mills are in the background.

These mills provided income for my family for three generations ,maybe more. I know that my great grandmother, grandmother, aunts, uncles and even my mother worked there at one time or another. Now, most of them are empty, have been turned into condos or sadly torn down.

Big thanks to Mark Wahlberg for believing in the story and putting Lowell back on the map!

No comments:

Post a Comment